Update 16-November: Winners have been selected and listed below!
The only thing better than whisky, is free whisky! And with that in mind, we're giving you a chance to win plenty of free whisky, including a main prize worth over R10,000, for your drinking pleasure.
HOW TO WIN
To stand a chance to win is fairly simple; review us, review a whisky or share the competition love. The more you review and share the better your chances. Each action will enter you into the ballot and increase your chances of winning. At the end of the competition period (23:59 12 November 2020), we will randomly draw names from all the entries and distribute prizes!
1. Review WhiskyBrother
Review us on any of the below platforms and for each review you will receive 5 entries to the ballot. (I.e. Post your review on 1 and receive 5 entries, or post your review on all 5 and receive 25 entries.)
- Review our website, to gain 5 entries
- Review our shop on Google, to gain 5 entries
- Review our shop on Facebook, to gain 5 entries
- Review our bar on Google, to gain 5 entries
- Review our bar on Facebook, to gain 5 entries
2. Review Whiskies
Review any in-stock product on our website to gain an entry (i.e. review 10 different whiskies, and gain 10 entries). The reviews can be short and sweet, no need to write up long tasting notes or anything fancy like that! They are there to help your fellow whisky-lovers make a more informed decision with differing views, so keep that in mind when writing your reviews.
In addition, if you review any of the below brands, you will receive ballot entries as well as stand a chance to win a bottle of whisky:
- Review any anCnoc, to win a bottle of anCnoc 18yo
- Review any Ardbeg, to win a bottle of Ardbeg An Oa
- Review any Auchentoshan, to win a bottle of Aucthentoshan 12yo
- Review any Compass Box, to win a bottle of Compass Box The Spaniard
- Review any Glen Scotia, to win a bottle of Glen Scotia Double Cask
- Review any Glenmorangie, to win a bottle of Glenmorangie 12yo Lasanta
- Review any Kavalan, to win a bottle of Kavalan Concertmaster
- Review any Old Pulteney, to win a bottle of Old Pulteney 15yo
3. Share The Love
Share our competition posts online to gain additional entries:
- Share our competition post on Facebook, to gain 5 entries
- Retweet our competition post on Twitter, to gain 5 entries
- Repost our competition on on Instagram, to gain 5 entries
One lucky recipient will win the main prize of a whisky hamper to the value of over R10,000, which includes the following 11 whiskies:
In addition, we will also select four random winners to receive a R1,000 gift voucher.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Only South Africa residents, 18+ years old are eligible to win
- Competition runs for 3 weeks, from 06:00 22 October until 23:59 12 November 2020
- Reviews must be at least 70 characters, including spaces, to qualify (a thumbs-up and kissing-face emoji sadly won't do)
- The main prize as well as the individual bottles will be delivered to the winners, at our expense, if unable to be collected in person
- The four R1,000 gift vouchers will be sent via email
- The winners will be chosen at random from all entries
- Winners will be contacted the week commencing 16 November and will have one week to contact us to claim their prizes. Thereafter, we will select new winners, and so on and so forth until we will just drink the whisky ourselves
If you have any questions, or you think we left something out, please contact us here. Now go forth and review my Whisky Brothers and Sisters!
WINNERS (POSTED 16-NOVEMBER)
We've added up all the entries, done our calculations, solicited impartial, third-party teetotalers to vet the results, and selected winners at random. The following prizes have been won by the respective individuals:
- R10,000 whisky hamper won by Willem K
- R1,000 gift voucher won by Johan E
- R1,000 gift voucher won by Chris R
- R1,000 gift voucher won by Jeandre C
- R1,000 gift voucher won by Gary H
- anCnoc 18yo won by Graham B
- Ardbeg An Oa won by Alex A
- Auchentoshan 12yo won by Kimon G
- Compass Box The Spaniard won by Mohammed A.O
- Glen Scotia Double Cask won by Rudi B
- Glenmorangie 12yo Lasanta won by Jared P
- Kavalan Concertmaster won by Kyle B
- Old Pulteney 15yo won by Ansgar R
Congratulations to all the winners; we will be contacting you this week!
Thank you so much to everyone who entered and took the time to share our competition posts and/or posted reviews. We had a terrific response, and although you had incentive, it was still wonderful to receive all the positive reviews and get so many new product reviews onto our website. Until our next competition, slainte.