The GlenDronach distillery is located near Forgue, by Huntly, Aberdeenshire. It was founded in 1826 by James Allardes (often referred to as Allardice), and was the second distillery to apply for legal licence to produce whisky. The distillery changed ownership a few times and closed in 1996, to be reopened again in 2001 by Allied Distillers Limited, it is now owned by the BenRiach Distillery Company.
GlenDronach is protected as a listed building. It draws its water from the Dronac burn. Originally all of the workers lived on site, including the distillery manager, staff, excise man, brewer and all their families. Many of the houses still stand but most famous of them all is the Glan House, formerly know as the Boynsmill House which was built in 1771.