Octomore 8.3 Masterclass

Octomore 8.3 Masterclass

Regular price R 3,990.00
  • In stock, ready to ship
  • WB online shopping is safe and secure.

Octomore 8.3 is part of the Masterclass series which focuses on "uber-provenance" (one farm, one field and one vintage), it is also the most heavily-peated Octomore at time of release, at 309ppm! Distilled in 2011 and bottled as a 5yo, 56% of the whisky was matured in first-fill ex-bourbon casks and the remaining 44% matured in European oak (Paulliac, Ventoux, Rhone and Burgundy casks). Only 18,000 bottles produced. Bottled at cask strength of 61.2%.

Nose: Toasted oak and muddy/peaty smoke along with bandages, maple syrup, fresh linen and sea shells. Heather and peat moss follow with cherry, peach and mango moving to crème brulee and toffee.

Palate: Initially a surprise as the stellar level of peat is bitter and over-whelming. Another sip opens with up with cherry and peach and toasted sweet oak, dark chocolate, boot polish and seaweed.

Finish: Complex, crème brulee with caramelised brown sugar slightly overdone. Dark plum, orange and kiwi sit well with the malted barley sweetness. Tremendous peat smoke with roasted coffee and burnt heather.

    Octomore 8.3 Masterclass Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky