Compass Box Last Vatted Malt

Compass Box Last Vatted Malt

Regular price R 25,000.00
/
  • In stock, ready to ship
  • Inventory on the way
  • WB online shopping is safe and secure.

A limited-release marking the end of an era in whisky: At midnight on 22 November 2011, the Scotch Whisky Regulations of 2009 took effect, which saw it became prohibited for Scotch whisky producers to use the term Vatted Malt to label a whisky produced from a combination of more than one single malt and instead, had to be labelled as a Blended Malt whisky, from that point onward. 

In true Compass Box fashion, mere hours before the law was enacted, whisky-maker John Glaser and his team ceremoniously bottled 'The Last Vatted Malt' to commemorate the change in labelling.

Produced from a blend of only two malts: Caol Ila 26yo distilled in 1984 and matured in American oak hogsheads accounted for 78%, and Aberlour 36yo distilled in 1974 and matured in a first-fill sherry butt for the remaining 22%. 1,323 bottles were produced. Non-chillfiltered, naturally coloured and bottled at a cask strength of 53.7%. 


#COMPASSBOX #BLENDEDMALT

Compass Box Last Vatted Malt
Compass Box Last Vatted Malt