by WhiskyBrother Marc
Competition Time (Vol.1)
The only thing better than whisky, is free whisky! And it is with that in mind, that we're giving you a chance to win some free whiskies for your drinking pleasure.
HOW TO WIN
To stand a chance to win, you need to post a review. Post any review as listed below, and you will be entered into a ballot. For every review you complete, you will receive entries and increase your chances to win. At the end of the competition period (6pm 25th April), we will randomly draw names from all the entries and distribute prizes!
- Review any in-stock product on our website to gain an entry (i.e. review 20 different whiskies, and gain 20 entries)
- Review our website, to gain 5 entries
- Review our whisky bar on Google, to gain 5 entries
- Review our whisky store on Google, to gain 5 entries
- Review any Ardbeg whisky, to stand a chance to win a bottle of Ardbeg 10yo
- Review any Wolfburn whisky, to stand a chance to win a bottle of Wolfburn Northland
- Review any Glen Scotia whisky, to stand a chance to win a bottle of Glen Scotia Double Cask
- Review any Kilchoman whisky, to stand a chance to win a bottle of Kilchoman Machir Bay
- Review any anCnoc whisky, to stand a chance to win a bottle of anCnoc 12yo
- Retweet our competition post on Twitter, to gain 5 entries
- Share our competition post on Facebook, to gain 5 entries
The product reviews can be short and sweet, no need to write up professional tasting notes or anything poncy like that! They are there to help your fellow whisky-lovers make a more informed decision with differing views, so keep that in mind when writing your reviews.
The following prizes are available to win:
- A whisky hamper to the value of over R7,000
- R2,000 gift voucher
- R1,000 gift voucher
- R500 gift voucher
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Only South Africa residents, 18+ years old are eligible to win
- Competition runs from 1AM 12 April until 6PM 25 April
- Reviews must be at least 70 characters, including spaces, to qualify (unfortunately a thumbs-up and fire emoji won't cut it)
- The whisky hamper consists of a bottle of each of the following: Kilchoman Sanaig, Loch Lomond 12yo, Glenmorangie 10yo, Wolfburn Morven, Highland Park 12yo WhiskyBrother Cask, Arran 12yo WhiskyBrother Cask, Big Peat Christmas Edition 2018, Bain's, anCnoc 12yo. (And possibly even another whisky or two for good measure.)
- If you review the specific brands that allow you a chance to win a bottle of whisky, you will still receive entries to win the overall prizes as well
- The whisky hamper will be couriered to the winner, at our expense, if unable to be collected in person
- Gift vouchers will be sent via email
- Winners will have 1 week to contact us once we have notified them, to claim their prize. Thereafter we will select new winners, and so on and so forth until we will just drink the whisky ourselves
If you have any questions, or you think we left something out, please contact us here. Now go forth and review!
WINNERS (Posted 14-May)
We've added up all the entries, done our calculations, solicited impartial, third-party gin-drinkers to vet the results, and selected winners at random. The following prizes have been won by the respective individuals:
- Whisky hamper to the value of over R7,000 won by Elbert C
- R2,000 gift voucher won by Kalay M
- R1,000 gift voucher won by Sheldon C
- R500 gift voucher won by Shannon G
- anCnoc 12yo won by Jason N
- Ardbeg 10yo won by Pedrie O
- Glen Scotia Double Cask won by Duncan C
- Kilchoman Machir Bay won by Glenn W
- Wolfburn Northland won by Jacques R
Congratulations to all the winners; we have contacted you to arrange collection/couriering of your prizes.
Thank you to all those who entered and took the time to post a review. Even though you were incentivised to do so, we sincerely appreciate the time and we received great feedback (often very flattering, which is always good to hear)! Until our next competition, slainte.