Aberlour was built in 1879 by James Fleming, a son of a local farmer, and started production a year later in 1880. After James passed away in 1895, the distillery was sold, and changed ownership three more times again before being acquired by Pernod Ricard in 1975, who later joined Chivas brothers in 2001.
The Speyside distillery is situated at the the confluence of the rivers Lour and Spey near Ben Rinnes, which is how it gets it name: "A burn" which means stream, "lour" being the river. The name is most commonly used in reference to the village, Charlestown of Aberlour.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Be the first to know about new arrivals, limited releases, whisky tastings and promotions.