And we're back... again! We are incredibly relieved and excited to be back to work. The past months have significantly set back our business and our viability was never guaranteed - like any business without an income.
Thank you so much for the outpouring of support and online orders, even though you knew you wouldn't be able to take delivery until after the alcohol ban was lifted. We are proud and humbled to be a part of the wonderful SA whisky community and we can't wait to bring you more amazing whiskies, special offers, events and all round whisky goodness! ❤️🥃
With the lifting of the alcohol ban and the move to lockdown level 2, we are adjusting our operations as detailed below. We hope to see soon; whether in the bar, shop, online or just in spirit as we deliver whisky to you across South Africa.
Online orders can only be delivered Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm, as per current government restrictions. The good (and impressive) news is we have already processed all orders from lockdown, with the vast majority already delivered to their new homes! This means if you order online for delivery, you will be getting your whisky promptly.
Online orders for collections, can be picked-up from either the shop or bar, during their respective hours, but no later than 5pm.
HYDE PARK STORE
Our Hyde Park store returns to operating Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm. We have strict measures in place to ensure the environment is safe, and you are required to wear a mask while in the store. Although we are limiting the number of customers at any one time, we haven't had any queues so there is no need to be worried about having to wait outside before being able to enter.
Our bar will reopen this Friday at 3pm, 21 August. This is the first time the bar will be open since initial lockdown measures were enforced over 5 months ago! In order to offer a safe environment, please note the following temporary changes:
- The bar will open at 12pm and close at 930pm, Tuesday to Saturday, while closing at 8pm on Sunday and Monday
- These closing times will be strictly enforced so that our staff can get home safely before the 10pm curfew
- Face masks are required to enter and must be worn throughout your visit except, of course, for when you are sipping on your whisky
- We will not be serving food but bar snacks will be available
- We will not be conducting any private tastings and the tasting room will be closed. Informal tastings will be available
- We will be opening with reduced seating capacity of 24 (from our usual 30)
- Due to the limited seating, if you are planning on visiting we recommend booking ahead to ensure space
We appreciate the above may seem overly cautious to some, but for the general safety of our patrons and staff, we appreciate your understanding and adherence to the above. We will actively review these changes on a weekly basis and adjust as/when needed.