Van Loggerenberg Geronimo Cinsaut 2021

Van Loggerenberg Geronimo Cinsaut 2021

Regular price R 300.00
/
  • Low stock - 3 items left
  • Inventory on the way
  • WB online shopping is safe and secure.

Van Loggerenberg Geronimo Cinsaut 2021 is made from 2 parcels, 87% of the grapes from a vineyard situated on the Rustenhof farm in the Firgrove area which was planted in 1978 and the remaining 13% from the second oldest vineyard in South Africa, planted in 1932 in Franschhoek. Both vineyards are made up of bush vines and are dryland farmed. Decomposed granite soils with underlying sandstone give this wine its elegance and finesse. In the cellar the grapes from the Rustenhof farm were 40% whole-bunch fermented. The grapes from the Franschhoek parcel were destemmed. All grapes were left to ferment naturally with one punch-down performed daily. The wines underwent malolactic fermentation in barrel and the barrels were blended after 9 months in old French oak barrels and bottled right after. The Cinsaut is bottled earlier than their other red wines to maintain the crunchy fruit vibrancy unique to cinsaut. No enzymes or commercial yeast was used in making the wines. Bottled at 12.5%. (Bottle size 750ml)

Nose: Sweet fruit character on the nose, plums, dates and blackberries.

Palate: Sweet fruit character follows through on the palate. Medium body with an elegant palate weight.

Finish: Soft tannin with a refreshing flinty minerality. Lingering notes of cherries and blueberries.


#REDWINE

Van Loggerenberg Geronimo Cinsaut 2021