Rossouw, Gouws & Clarke Pinotage 2021

Rossouw, Gouws & Clarke Pinotage 2021

Regular price R 175.00
  • In stock, ready to ship
  • Inventory on the way
  • WB online shopping is safe and secure.

Grapes were harvested from a 1968 planted (53 year old) bushvine vineyard, grown on Langkloof Farm using organic practices by Scholtz Rossouw. Made by Jurgen Gouws, with 90% of the fruit fermented whole-bunch under semi-carbonic conditions for 7-10 days. The other 10% of the fruit was pressed earlier and fermented as a rosé and blended back in after malolactic fermentation, to lift the fruit profile on such a short elevage. Aged in old 228-litre French oak barrels for 5 months and then 6 weeks in stainless steel. Bottled at 13%. (Bottle size 750ml)

Nose: Fruit forward with notes of cherries, raspberries and blueberries.

Palate: Lovely fruit welcomes you on entry, cherries, blueberry bubblegum and raspberries. A very nostalgic juicy damba (natal-orange) character on the mid-palate where it develops a lovely sweet-sour flavour profile.

Finish: Refreshing acidity, with very soft tannin structure. Lingering fruit notes of raspberries. 

Named Rossouw, Gouws & Clarke to be transparent about where the wine is from, who made it, and and to respect their involvement and skill. Wine distributors and certified sommeliers David and Jeanette Clarke, winemaker Jurgen Gouws and farmed by Scholtz Rossouw.


Rossouw, Gouws & Clarke Pinotage 2021