During November each year, the Movember fundraising initiative is responsible for the sprouting of millions of moustaches across the world. With their mo's men raise funds and awareness of various cancers and mental health; since it's inception in 2003 the foundation has raised over R6.6 billion!
WhiskyBrother is a proud participant and supporter of Movember. Each year we get a ragtag team together of like-minded whisky-lovers, and we let our hair loose in the hopes of looking dapper, while inevitably ending up looking disheveled; all the while politely asking/nagging our family and friends to donate to our campaign.
We'd love our #whiskybrothers and #whiskysisters to join our Movember team- there are multiple ways to participate, not only moustache growing! If you are up for it, you can find our team page here. Alternatively, please consider making a donation, no matter how small (or large), to our team to help us achieve our fundraising goal of R10,000.
What's a good fundraising initiative without a bit of friendly competition and incentive to get things MOving! We'll be giving away the following prizes:
- For every R50 raised by a member, that person will receive an entry into a draw to win a bottle of the recently released, limited edition Three Ships 15yo Pinotage Finish. (#proudlySA)
- The best looking mo'bro at the end of the month, as determined by an annonymous WhiskyBrother judging panel, will receive a bottle of our limited edition GlenDronach 13yo Single Cask.
- The member of the WhiskyBrother team who raises the most money will receive a private tasting with WhiskyBrother founder, Marc Pendlebury, with 5 whiskies selected from Marc's personal whisky collection.
In addition, we'll be giving away spot-prizes to team members and donors during the course of the month. The more you interact with our team campaign (including donations, tweets, Facebook, Movember team page posts, etc.), the higher the probability of receiving a prize!
As with any endeavour it's good to have clear terms in place. This is what you need to know for Movember and our team participation:
- You must be clean shaven on 1 November (no head start),
- You must grow a moustache (beards and goatee don't count),
- Everyone is welcome to join our team, no matter their location, however, prizes will only be award to South Africans who aged 18 and up,
- The winner of the private tasting will be contacted by Marc to agree on a date and venue that works for both.